Login Page & Registration
The following step-by-step walkthrough is intended for both customers experienced using our previous E-Bill system, and customers logging into E-Bill for the first time ever. It will take you through the registration process, viewing your bill, adding a bank account to your profile, creating a recurring payment schedule (if you choose) and making your first payment. Please note, you can click on the images below to view a high-resolution screenshot.
1) You will start on E-Bill's login page. If you would like to provide some added security to your account, first "Click here to create a seal" otherwise skip to step three.
2) Select a seal from the images provided. If you would like more information about phishing and how a seal protects your account, click on the links below "Frequently Asked Questions." After previewing your seal, click "Save this seal." Each time you log into E-Bill from your current computer you should now see your seal. If you access your NSTAR account from more than one location you will need to pick a seal for each computer.
3) If you had an account enrolled in our previous version of E-Bill you can enter your username and password now. If you selected a seal you should see it now. You can also ask E-Bill to remember your username on this computer the next time you login. If you forgot your username or password, you can retrieve the information by clicking "Forgot your Username/Password?" After providing account information and answering a security question, your information will be emailed to you. You also have the option of deactivating your E-Bill profile from this page.
If you are a new E-Bill user, you can register on this page. Please make sure you have your account number handy, which can be found on an NSTAR bill.
4) To start we're going to walk you through registering with E-Bill. If you already have an account, please skip to page two of the walkthrough.
First select if you are registering a Residential or Business account, before filling out the required profile information. Next you can pick a username and password.
Please note, your password needs to be at least 8 characters long, contain both upper case and lower case characters, include numbers and at least one non-alphanumeric special character - for example: ~!@#$^&?)!. The password strength indicator will help by showing if you have met all the criteria.
Next, pick three security questions and answer them. These questions will be used in the event you forget your username or password. Your answers should be at least four characters in length, and not case sensitive.
5) After finishing the "Security Profile Information" section, move to the "Account Information" section. Here you will enter your NSTAR Account number (help finding your account number on your bill is available by clicking "See Bill Sample") and the zip code where you receive service. In some situations, this zip code might be different from your mailing address. For instance if you receive your mail at a post office box, or have mail sent to your work. If you would like to associate more than one account with your E-Bill profile you can do so later. We demonstrate how to do so on page 2 of the walkthrough.
New with this edition of E-Bill is the ability to customize how you are notified when a bill is ready. By default you'll receive an email notification each month. However you can also choose to have a PDF of your bill emailed to you each month, and even have E-Bill send you a PDF bill with payment options embedded. For each of these options you'll need to create a password that is used to open the PDF.
You can also receive separate emails when a payment is processed, cancelled or rejected for your account and setup a reminder between 1 and 10 days before your bill payment is due.
To finish your registration make sure to read and agree to the E-Bill Terms & Conditions, enter the letters and numbers you see in the CAPTCHA and hit "Submit."
At this point a message will appear if there are any aspects of your registration that need addressing, such as an incorrect account number or zip code, password issues, a CAPTCHA error, etc.